Last modified: December 12th, 2017
The Websites are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the India or any of its territories or possessions. By using the Websites, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Animal Equality and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you should not access or use the Websites.
Accessing the Websites and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Websites, and any service or material we provide on the Websites, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Websites is or becomes unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Websites, or the entire Websites, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Websites, and
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Websites or portions thereof using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Websites and their entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof), are owned by Animal Equality, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by Indian and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages from the Websites for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You may not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You may not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Websites or any services or materials made available through the Websites.
Animal Equality’s name, logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of Animal Equality or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Animal Equality. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans visible on this Websites are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter”, “spam”, or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Animal Equality, an Animal Equality employee or agent, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Websites, or which, as determined by us, may harm Animal Equality or users of the Websites or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Websites in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Websites, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Websites.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Websites for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Websites.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Websites or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Websites.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any part of the Websites, the server on which the Websites are stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Websites.
- Attack the Websites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Websites.
Conduct, Posting Policies, and Content Standards
The Websites may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Website.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant to Animal Equality and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns, a non-exclusive, perpetual, and worldwide right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, translate, adapt, display, distribute, and otherwise use the User Contribution for any purpose whatsoever, including the right to disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose, regardless of the form or medium in which it is used.
You hereby represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to Animal Equality and its affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not Animal Equality, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
Animal Equality is not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Websites.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
Animal Equality retains the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Websites.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Websites. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS ANIMAL EQUALITY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANIMAL EQUALITY OR ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER ANIMAL EQUALITY OR SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, Animal Equality cannot review all User Contributions before being posted on the Websites, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. Animal Equality expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services, if any. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by Animal Equality or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
In instances where Animal Equality is notified of alleged infringing User Contribution through our Designated Agent, a decision may be made to remove access to or disable access to such materials, in compliance with the safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512(c). Animal Equality may also make a good-faith attempt to contact the person who submitted the affected materials so that they may make a counter-notification.
If you believe that you or someone else’s copyright has been infringed by Animal Equality or a User Contribution provided on the Websites, you (or the owner or rights holder, collectively, “Rights Holder”) should send notification to our Designated Agent immediately. To file a Notice of Infringing Material, please provide the following information:
Reasonably sufficient details about the nature of the copyrighted work in question:
- Title(s), Author(s), any U.S. Copyright Registration Numbers, URL(s);
- Reasonably sufficient details to enable Animal Equality to identify and locate the material that is allegedly infringing the Rights Holder’s work(s);
- The Rights Holder’s contact information;
- A statement that the Rights Holder has a good faith belief that the use of the material identified above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that the Rights Holder is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; and
- The Rights Holder’s signature.
Notice may be sent to:
P.O Box no.3, GPO Pune-411001
If material that you have posted to Animal Equality’s Websites have been taken down, you may file a counter-notification that contains the following information:
- Identification of the material(s) so removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or before access was disabled;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the materials was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material in question;
- Your name and contact information;
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of California, County of Los Angeles, or of the Federal District Court located in Los Angeles, California, and that you accept service of process from the person who provided notification in compliance with section 512(c)(1)(C) of the DCMA, or an agent of such person; and
- Your signature.
Notice may be sent to:
P.O Box no.3, GPO Pune-411001
You also acknowledge and agree that upon receipt of a notice of a claim of copyright infringement, Animal Equality may temporarily or permanently remove the identified materials from the Websites without liability to your or any other party.
Animal Equality does not promise or guarantee specific results from your use of the Websites or the content provided thereon. The information presented on or through the Websites is made available solely for general information purposes and is provided “as is.”. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Websites, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Websites may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Animal Equality, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Animal Equality. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Websites
Animal Equality may update the content on the Websites from time to time, but such content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Websites may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Websites
Linking to the Websites and Social Media Features
You may link to Animal Equality’s homepage with express written consent, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on behalf of Animal Equality.
The Websites may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party Websites to certain content on the Animal Equality Websites.
- Send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on the Animal Equality Websites.
- Cause limited portions of content on the Animal Equality Websites to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party Websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with, and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any Website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Websites or portions of the Websites to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking.
You agree to cooperate with Animal Equality in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. Animal Equality expressly reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Animal Equality may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from the Websites
If the Websites contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We may have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party Websites linked to on the Animal Equality Websites, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such Websites.
The owner of the Websites is based in the state of California, United States. We provide the Websites for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Websites or any of the content provided thereon is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Websites may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Websites from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that Animal Equality cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or from the Websites will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, ANIMAL EQUALITY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUS OR VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED THEREON, OR ON ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES, CONTENT PROVIDED THEREON, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITES, CONTENT PROVIDED THEREON, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER ANIMAL EQUALITY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH ANIMAL EQUALITY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER ANIMAL EQUALITY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH ANIMAL EQUALITY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITES, CONTENT PROVIDED THEREON, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE WEBSITES AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, ANIMAL EQUALITY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ANIMAL EQUALITY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITES, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE ANIMAL EQUALITY WEBSITES, ANY CONTENT PROVIDED ON THE ANIMAL EQUALITY WEBSITES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
The Websites are operated by Animal Equality, a nonprofit corporation located at P.O Box no.3, GPO Pune-411001
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to email@example.com. All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Websites should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org