Terms of Employment: Part Time, At Will, Paid Internship.
Reports to: Education Coordinator
Position Location: Delhi, Mumbai and Pune
Duration: November 2020 – November 2021
Schedule: 16 – 24 hours per week. Schedule is flexible, but must be available some weekends.
- Identify prospective volunteers in your city and develop a network of volunteers.
- Train the volunteers based on the training material of Animal Equality.
- Assist in development of engaging activities to be included in education programs involving volunteers such as stalls, leafleting, video education, VR education, rallies etc.
- Identify venues such as schools, colleges, corporate offices and public places where Animal Equality educational programs can be conducted. Coordinate with the venue authorities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the key venue authorities.
- Coordinate the education event. Delegate tasks to volunteers and set deadlines for each task.
- Motivate team members.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Monitor Animal Equality education activities in respective cities and fill in activity reports.
- Represent Animal Equality during special events and community activities.
- Coordinate with Animal Equality’s education and communication team to promote activities being conducted
- Maintain current and accurate records and documentation of all activities.
- Assist the Education and Communications Department with other tasks, as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Well versed in English, Hindi and respective regional language.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to document, interpret and report data.
- Strong working knowledge of animal rights issues
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to professionally advocate Animal Equality’s positions
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age.